For initiating into the magical energies of planetary Saturn and the god Enki.
Stones and Metals: Chalcedony, Onyx, Black Coral, Jade, Jet, Sardonyx, Malachite, Lead
Numerical Value: 3, 40
Music: “Saturn” (Holst, The Planets), “Julia” from Sunken City by David Wirsig, Slow Heavy Metal Music, Trance, Anything that makes you think of caverns and underground rivers
Symbols: Dust, Formal Black Attire, Fish, Goats, Capricorn, Water
Day of the Week: Saturday
Scents: Civet, Alum, Musk, Asafetida, Sulfur, Poppy seed, Myrrh
Wood: Poplar, Alder
Herbs: Aconite, Hellebore, Mullein, Yew, Barley, Hemlock, Emmer, Nightshade, Woad, Beet, Henbane, Poplar, Spinach, Comfrey, Hemp, Ragwort, Bistort, Cypress, Holly, Sloe, Quince, Potato, Ivy, Tamarisk, Solomon’s Seal, Elm, Juniper, Thrift, Asafoetida, Fumitory, Knotgrass, Willow, Bistort, Cress, Mosses of all kinds, Houseleek, Mandrake, Nux Vomica, Horsetail, Dodder, Cocklebur
Beverages: Vodka, Dark Red Wine, Ports, Aperitifs, Jägermeister, Beer
- Gather a number of correspondences
- Lite 2 candles on the alter
- Sprinkle with holy water
- Pour out a corresponding scented oil into the oil cylinder
- Pour out a corresponding libation to Enki
- Perform initial steps of Enenuru-sig Aš-me
- Recite Hear Us, O Enki
- Use the scrying surface to perform scrying
- Thank Enki
- Perform finishing steps of Enenuru-sig Aš-me
- At the completion of the ritual, put out the candles using the blade of your knife
- Dispose of the contents of the offering bowl and cup (We mustn’t reuse what was given to a deity.)
- Clean up your area
Note: In the middle of the Babylonian period, Mercury and Saturn’s astrological alignment were switched, so as a result I’ve had to adapt the astrological alignment to match what fits for this rite
Opus, Rufus. Seven Spheres. Nephilim Press, 2016.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Book of Shadows: the Path of an American Traditionalist. Llewellyn Publications, 2009.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 2013.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopaedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic. Llewellyn Pubns., U.S., 2017.