- Food – Wheat bread is ideal
- Drink – Wheat beer is ideal
- Scented oil – Lavender essential oil recommended
- Burnt offerings – incense and a burnt cow (substitute a cow-shaped candle)
- Precious stones of Lapis Lazuli
- Give food offering
- Lite the candle/oil lamp
- Sprinkle holy water
- Pour out scented oil into the oil cylinder
- Pour out libation to Nergal
- Perform initial steps of En2-e2-nu-ru šu4-luh
- Recite A tigi to Nergal (transliteration, translation)
- Use the scrying surface to perform scrying
- Thank Nergal
- Perform finishing steps of Enenuru-sig Aš-me
- At the completion of the ritual, put out the candles using the blade of your knife
- Dispose of the contents of the offering bowl and cup (We mustn’t reuse what was given to a deity.)
- Clean up your area
Opus, Rufus. Seven Spheres. Nephilim Press, 2016.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Book of Shadows: the Path of an American Traditionalist. Llewellyn Publications, 2009.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 2013.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopaedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic. Llewellyn Pubns., U.S., 2017.