Stones and Metals: Carnelian, Aquamarine, Agate, Mercury, Aluminum, any Alloy, Electrum, Orange Topaz, Quartz, Opal
Numerical Value: 8
Music: “Mercury” from The Planets by Holst, Classical Symphonies, Techno, Dubstep
Symbols: plow, eagle, pinecone, thunderbolt, stylus, bow and arrow, wings
Day of the Week: Wednesday
Scents: Mace, Narcissus, Rose, Honeysuckle, Sandalwood
Herbs: Calamint, Dill, Caraway, Elecampane, Fennel, Fenugreek, Flax, Hazel, Horehound, Lavender, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Maidenhair, Marjoram, Mulberry, Mushroom Myrtle, Pomegranate, Savory, Smallage, Southernwood, Starwort, Trefoil, Valerian, Mace, Citron, Bay Laurel, Celery, Carrot, Oats, Barley, Emmer, Ferns, Grasses, Nutmeg, Parsley, Parsnip, Brazil Nut, Spurge, Horsetail, Hound’s Tongue, Cascara, Sagrada
Beverages: Pomegranate Juice, Carrot Juice, Celery Juice, Cutty Sark, Red Wine, White Wine
- Gather a number of correspondences
- Lite 2 candles on the alter
- Sprinkle with holy water
- Pour out a corresponding scented oil into the oil cylinder
- Pour out a corresponding libation to Ninurta
- Perform initial steps of Enenuru-sig Aš-me
- Recite A šir-namšub to Ninurta (transliteration, translation)
- Use the scrying surface to perform scrying
- Thank Ninurta
- Perform finishing steps of Enenuru-sig Aš-me
- At the completion of the ritual, put out the candles using the blade of your knife
- Dispose of the contents of the offering bowl and cup (We mustn’t reuse what was given to a deity.)
- Clean up your area
Note: In the middle of the Babylonian period, Mercury and Saturn’s astrological alignment were switched, so as a result I’ve had to adapt the astrological alignment to match what fits for this rite
Opus, Rufus. Seven Spheres. Nephilim Press, 2016.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Book of Shadows: the Path of an American Traditionalist. Llewellyn Publications, 2009.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. Llewellyn Publications, 2013.
Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Encyclopaedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic. Llewellyn Pubns., U.S., 2017.